Basically i grabbed a yogurt container, the one i found that worked best was the Lowes Food brand yogurt. Also grab an aerosol lid. the fit that worked for me was an old 3m Spray mount lid.
I first mashed the 3m lid down into the yogurt cut as far as i could. and made sure that the lid was straight using the ingredient lines to guide me. marked off where the gap in the two containers started. Using a Dremel, i removed half of the aerosol lid and cut down the length as well to the length marked on the outside of the yogurt container.
At this point i mashed the 3m lid down into the yogurt container. This is a tight fit, which practically held itself in place. But i threw a little tape on there for good measure.
It fits both the diana and the holga. Removing just the right amount of the yogurt bottom was the hardest part. I again used the packaging lines as a guide. After playing with this i went back and hot glued the 3m lid to the yogurt container to keep it there and sprayed the whole thing with some flat black spray paint. i have read about people doing this to the insides of there holga to reduce the light bouncing around on the shiny plastic parts onto your film. Was trying to cut down on the lense flare issues on the splitzer. Here is a shot of 35mm that i hacked through the holga. I'll explain that more later. It was fun checking out all the old school Corvettes and seeing them over the years. I must say i like the old ones better.
The Adventure Continues on Another Blog
7 years ago