24.5.10

Wet Plate Love

So many people in my life know that i love westerns and the look of all things old. There is something about the look of an old photo that silently speaks to my soul. i hold them in my hands or look at them in antique stores and stories start unfolding and growing in my mind. There is so much character in these old photos that is lacking in much of present day photography.

Julie and i are lucky enough to be friends with a wonderfully talented photographer. We call him Fly. Though the rest of the world probably knows him as Harry Taylor.

The shoot for these photos was a totally awesome! If your interested in getting some make for yourself shoot Fly and email and he'll give you a quote.

For now he has posted a couple of my wife Julie and i over at his blog along with plenty of other great wet plates. Hop on over and check em out. I love how ours turned out!



Also if you have time to visit a site and stroll through some photos check out Shorpy.

Till next time

Doc
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment